Introduction

I am a student of the Early Childhood Care and Education Practice, one of my projects is to write an overview of Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) in Ireland.

Education starts at home as the old saying goes. It is the process of facilitating learning, the bringing up of the child in different areas of development like physical, cognitive, social and emotional.  It is compulsory for children in Ireland and the system is made up of pre-school, primary, secondary, third-level and further education.  Pre-school education is usually provided privately, funded by the government.

I was raised by my parents, no childminder and according to my mom I’m a crying baby. I keep playing at the same time crying.  My mom is just there, doing her work as a seamstress. As a baby I just do my own thing.  One of our neighbour told my mom, maybe someday she will be (Kantora) which means a person who sing in the church.  Which is true because, since I was 12, I became a member of a choir and until now I am doing it in our Parish in Four Roads and I have even posted my videos in YouTube playing and singing hymns.

At the age of six (6) I was in a pre-school, parents are discouraged to send their children to go to school since they are not ready yet.  They should enjoy their time playing and exploring at home with family and neighbours. They only accept ages 5-6 in a pre-school, known as Kindergarten.  During my time, the age that is accepted to be in Grade 1 is 7 years old.  As a pre-schooler we learned to hold the pencil, drawing, counting numbers, identifying the objects or a picture, singing, dancing, action song which until now I still remember.  We were given a free food, milk and a nutritious bun.  We were learned to be courteous, honest, respectful, put things on their proper place after using them.  Calling a person older on his/her name is considered disrespectful, so when I arrived here, I really felt bad when one of my husband niece called my name.  Nephew and nieces should address Aunt or Uncle (Tita or Tito). We start the class, with a prayer and mostly this practice is continued until I’m in college. 


Next Page>>>

More on AbeBooks ...


AbeBooks.com. Thousands of booksellers - millions of books.


No comments:

Post a Comment